Home » » Wood in our house | to paint or not to paint part 2

Wood in our house | to paint or not to paint part 2

Thanks for all your feedback on my to paint or not to paint post the other week!! I didn't expect so many comments, it was nice to see what you all think :)

We've been thinking about it a little more about the painting situation and I wanted to let you know where we're at. Since the entire house is post and beam I decided to play around with the main room (living and dining lower and my office upstairs) today.

Here's the room as is.


and here's a few (roughly) photoshopped drawings. I decided to remove the fixtures and include a few glass globe pendants instead (2 shown, but we'd probably have 3 ..) (also, David and I both dislike ceiling fans .. prior to removing and reconfiguring the lights, we'll see how it goes this summer ..)

1. white walls, wall beams, and banister, ceiling as is.


2. white walls, beams, and banister, ceiling stained darker and more neutral.


3. Beams stained darker and more neutral, walls, banister and ceiling planks white


4. Walls, beams, and banister white, ceilings stained darker and more neutral.


5. white wash the beams, banister and walls white


6.  Walls light gray, beams and banister white (probably not, while I love a light gray, white goes with everything .. I definitely don't want to be painting this again in a few years)


7. white walls, beams, and banister


Like I said in my last post, I know that painting the wood won't be for everyone, but in the end we have to do what makes us smile :) Right now, I'm leaning towards leaving the ceiling as is (at least for now). I think the wall beams have to be white, I hate how it chops up the wall now. We still have a good bit of time since we'll be in Ohio for another month or two.

If you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it!

--


If you haven't voted in Apartment Therapy's Homies Awards head on over! There are TONS of great blogs, so you can vote for as many as you'd like (I'm nominated in project + DIY category and home design + inspiration)!! If you have voted for me, thanks so much! Your support is definitely motivation for me to keep posting and sharing :) Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.