Home » » Updates

Updates

Last week was busy and it's catching up with me .. yesterday, it felt like nothing went right. I hate days like that .. but nothing that a trip to some thrift stores, Target and TJ Maxx couldn't fix.

When I have days like that, I like to step away and refocus. Lots of my ideas come from wandering around stores .. 

Lack of organization has been a source of stress - I hate not being able to find things! But, I don't want to invest in things that can't work everywhere, so I'm working on a simple solution for our current project supply closet. I picked up some plastic drawer carts from Target and wrapping paper from TJ Maxx.

So while it's snowing .. I'll be working on the closet, channeling my inner i heart organizing :) 

There's a deck under there somewhere (ps, not our stuff in the deck .. there when we got here) the snow drifts are pretty big around here since we're on the lake. 


and a few other projects coming up.


Last weekend, David and I were thrifting together and he found this commercial office credenza. We were going to build a large credenza, but all that wood makes it pretty expensive plus it's labor intensive .. so since this is the good size, we decided to go for it. We're planning on making it less commercial and more custom looking. I'll be using chalk paint due to the weather (anyone have a good source online? I can't find any locally) since it won't need lots of sanding and oil based primer - it's a great solution for the winter. This sucker is HEAVY, David and I barely got it in the house, and then we had to put one end of cardboard and drag it the rest of the way .. 


Finally, over Christmas we started working on this chair. The original front piece didn't have any seams, but we're thinking that it will definitely need two!

 Are you in the snow? I don't know about you, but I'm ready for sunshine and spring! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.