Home » » Recap + Plans

Recap + Plans

I'm back!! It was SO nice to take some time off .. we relaxed, spent time with family and friends, and did some much needed maintenance around our home (not necessarily fun, but important!)

2014 was full of some high highs (like buying a house) and low lows (like moving 5 times). It's really easy to focus on the negative, but over the past year, I've found that the best way to move forward is to brush off the lows and focus on the good and trust that God has a bigger plan than I can see right now.

I'm ready for 2015 - I'm ready for new adventures, changes of pace and location - I'll be sure to share along the way!! (I won't be doing a round up of 2014 but if you're interested, check out my projects page for a little overview!)

I've got tons of new projects lined up for 2015, but first, here's a little recap (via my Instagram) of my time off.

Before we left, I finished a set of nightstands, I love how they turned out. Here's little sneak peak. 





We took a few day trips. Here's a shot of the ceiling in Union Station, DC.


David surprised me with my favorite Serena & Lily chair for Christmas, snagged during a Christmas sale. It really is perfect, I love love love it.


Last year, during an ice storm, we had a (small) tree fall on our house. No damage was done .. but we knew that several trees needed to come down (either dead or dangerously leaning towards the house) before winter hits. (You can also watch the video on Instagram)



I did hardly any thrifting while I was away, but I did find this large, 24 light brass chandelier. It just needs new candle sleeves, then it's good to go. I'm thinking it would be perfect for the vaulted ceilings in our bedroom.


On another day trip, I found this Chinese Chippendale bench at Winterthur museum (oddly enough in the public restroom) I reeeeeally wanted to take it home with me .. think they would have noticed?


I hope you were able to take some time off to relax and recharge! I can't wait to see what 2015 will hold! Get ready for tons of new ideas and projects along the way!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.