Home » » Three Projects | Progress + Updates

Three Projects | Progress + Updates

Hey! I wanted to give you a project update .. we currently have three in process. Normally, I like to work on one at a time, but I got so excited about multiple projects at the same time! This tends to happen a lot :)

1.

First, our Chinese Chippendale chairs .. no updates. They need one more coat of primer, and then the top coat. I'm still deciding on fabric. (progress and updates here and here)




2.

I stalked this Drexel campaign dresser at my thrift store for the past few months, it was missing two pulls and had damaged wood .. at $70, it was a little pricey. They finally marked it down to $35 and I couldn't say sold fast enough!


I polished the hardware (top is before) with Bar Keepers Friend (don't forget to wear gloves!), synthetic steel wool, and wiped on a layer of spray car wax to help protect the finish.


I was considering keeping the natural wood, but the wood was pretty damaged. The drawers were in good condition, but I thought there was two much detail on the front for a two toned finish, so I decided to paint the whole thing.


I sanded it with my orbital sander (80 grit then 120 or 220 grit), wiped it down with a micro fiber cloth and taped off the drawers.


I applied two coats of my favorite primer, Kilz Adhesion (it goes on smoothly, is durable and sands amazingly well) - even though it is formulated to bond to slick surfaces, I like to sand to make it extra durable.

Next up, paint. I'm looking for a medium to medium dark neutral gray with subtle brown undertones. Picking a gray is super tricky, it goes blue, very quickly! When selecting a gray, pick up multiple swatches and compare them in the space that the will be painted (the light makes all the difference!)


Do you have a favorite medium to medium dark neutral gray with brown undertones

3.

This weekend, we worked on building a new desk! I've been wanting a new (large) desk for a while, and we finally got some time to work on one.


The legs are removable - so it fit in the car (perfect since we're constantly moving furniture between TN and MD) Annabelle liked laying on it for a little, I think she liked being up higher so she could see better. She spent the rest of the time on her blanket on the other seat (I think she got tired of the desk bouncing, ha!) Thankfully she enjoys riding in the car since we're in it a lot!!

So that's where we're at, I can't wait to see all of these finished, I love them all already!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.