Home » , , » Rattan Chair Makeover

Rattan Chair Makeover

Hi! I hope that you had a great weekend! It was hot here! We went almost directly from frigid winter in Ohio to unseasonably warm temps in Tennessee. But it was gorgeous, not complaining at all .. well maybe a little, I was attacked by several bees, so we'll have to figure that out .. as I was sanding and painting outside, I also had the fly swatter added to my tool arsenal!

If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen this rattan chair that I found on Friday! I love the shape, and the fact that it didn't need any major repairs / reconfiguring. Finding something that just needs a little sanding, painting, and simple upholstery is SO much easier than repairing and switching things around. Too often, I buy things that need a lot of work.

This was easily done in a day while we were working on other projects, so not bad at all!




I didn't prepare a full tutorial but here's a quick run down. 

1. Lightly sand chair with 120 sandpaper

2. Wipe off dust with microfiber cloth

3. Prime. My paint had primer built in, but I opted to add an additional coat for extra coverage and protection once dry. Apply in thin coats

4. Paint. Once the primer is dry, apply in thin coats letting it dry in between. I used 2 cans of spray paint. (Valspar - Mellow Spring)

5. Upholster the seat (here's a similar tutorial) Mine came with a piece of loose plywood, which made upholstering so easy!


BTW, did you know that it's the final week of Creating with the Stars!? Voting is open through Tuesday! Stop by and pick you favorite. I'll be there tomorrow, sharing our home decor project, make sure to stop by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.