Home » » Why We're Moving!

Why We're Moving!

Recently I've been saying that we'll be moving soon and then it hit me that I've never really explained why we're moving. So today, while I take pictures of the new painted rug for the living room yay! (and attempt to finish the fabric covered dresser) I thought I would share a little more about us.

In '07 David started working in contract management for a global construction company in Maryland while I was finishing up my Master's degree in D.C. We knew that he would have to move within a year or two (about the time that I'd be done with my program), but he ended up moving about 6 months after he started. David moved to Tennessee while I finished my degree. We were married in '09, I moved down, and we lived there until Fall '11.

Fall '11 we were ready for change, the job David was on was dragging on (originally scheduled to be completed in '10 - today, still isn't done) and both he and his management thought that it would be best for his career development to move to another job. Our options were, Miami, FL, Canada, or San Luis Obispo, CA. It didn't take us long to land on CA, after all, Oprah's site named San Luis Obispo the happiest city in America. After living here for about 1.5 years, I would definitely agree! This is by far the friendliest city that I've lived in and people do seem to be happy all the time (for the most part :)

David commutes to a solar power construction site in the high plains near the San Andres Fault. His one wish since we've been here ... to feel a big earthquake. (I know, crazy!) So far, he has only felt a small one, he only has a few more months. Is it wrong for me to hope that his dream doesn't come true?

job site - lots of solar panels below!
 I've only been out there once, but that was enough. My car got attacked by grasshoppers jumping in it's path ... later we discovered that there were countless stuck inside the front bumper when it started stinking like death in the garage ... yep David had to take the front of my car a part and SCOOP them out. NOT my kinda DIY!

nearby the job site, amazing salt bed!


Moving on, the project is on schedule and will finish later this summer. I'll be bummed to leave such a beautiful place. On a GREAT note, there is a good chance that we'll be moving back to Maryland to be close to a lot of our family and friends! And BUYING a house!! We'll know for sure in a few months :)

So, due to David's job we'll probably be moving every few years. And that could be anywhere ... from the Tennessee job, we had friends that moved to Dubai, Australia, Chile, and Canada!

I'm trying to finish up projects, to get our final home tour complete and then we'll be selling a lot of things before we move! If you're close and are interested in something, send me an email @ sarahmdorseydesigns@gmail dot com and I'll let you know if we're selling it. I'll also be posting a list as we get closer ...

I hope this explains a little more about us and why we're moving soon! I'll be sad to leave, but even more excited to be close to family and friends and BUY a house!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.