Home » » How I Use Photoshop to Visualize Before Buying

How I Use Photoshop to Visualize Before Buying

For the past week or so I've been looking for hardware for the fabric covered Rast dresser. It's a little trickier because of the pattern. The knob/pull needs to be simple so it doesn't compete with the fabric, but it still needs to stand out so it doesn't get lost in the fabric.

So today I thought I would share how I work through design decisions when sourcing products through the internet. ** this isn't a tutorial; however, if that interests you, let me know in the comment section :)

I take a photo and then use Photoshop to combine the two photos so I can see almost exactly what it will look like.

Below are a few options, some work, some don't ...


I love the shape of this knob, but I think the contrasting blue is too much against the pattern ... 


Again, like the shape, but this one I'd have to see in person since the colors are so similar ...


hmm ... not so much, a little too solid, maybe if it was smaller (size is approximation based on measurements give on website)


DIY Ring Pulls? So far this is my favorite ... I use them a lot, but they work well in SO many places.


Maybe in silver?


We also spent a large part of the weekend cleaning out closets and organizing (aka looking for the extra small white knobs we used on the credenza with no luck). I think those might look good too ...

So I'm still deciding, but in the meantime I thought you might enjoy seeing how I visualize things.

I know everyone doesn't have Photoshop, but if you're interested in a tutorial, let me know and I'll try to find a free program online that is similar :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.