Home » , » 03.16.02 | Our Story

03.16.02 | Our Story


David and I met in 6th grade (1996). My family had just moved to Maryland from Illinois for my Dad's job (a pastor). Our family was in the front of the sanctuary getting introduced to the congregation.. this is where David first saw me. He was in the balcony holding a welcome sign, he tells me it was love at first sight :) I wish I could say that we locked eyes then, but no .. I'm sure I was nervous, so I probably just stared at the person talking. BUT when we met in Sunday school, it was love at first sight for me too (as much as it can be in 6th grade). David and I were both shy, so we didn't really talk .. David stopped going to Sunday school in high school, so I would just see him every once and a while at church. 


Fast forward to 11th grade, 2002. One of my friend's Mom knew that I had a crush on David, she saw him in the hallway after church and invited him to a church youth event, telling him that some girls would be excited to see him. David had never been to a youth event, but decided to go, hoping that I was the girl that would be excited to see him.

The following week, I remember getting on the bus to go to the youth lock in at Mount Saint Mary's College, and being shocked to see him. I was nervous and excited .. sitting down in the gym, my friend dragged me over next to David and introduced herself, I nervously said hi. David said it was then that he knew I liked him too :) We then hung out most of the night, talked, played volleyball, watched Mrs. Doubtfire .. a few weeks later, 03.16.02, we went on our first date - at an ice skating rink, David asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes.

senior year
senior prom
2006 real pizza in Chicago
2007 college graduation

03.16.08 just after we were engaged
David proposed in 2008, in the place that he first saw me, in the front of our church and we were married there in 2009. 

We've been together for 12 years, but it feels like he's always been there .. I know that we were made for each other and we were destined to find each other. David's calm, intelligent (street and book smart), driven and creative. I'm passionate, driven, and creative. David balances my crazy :)



I feel so blessed that we found each other so early in life. These past years have flown by, it feels like just yesterday that we were married. I don't know where we'll be in the next 5 years, but as long as I'm with David, I know I'll be okay :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.