Home » » Sarah M. Dorsey Designs Turns 3 + Big Plans for 2015

Sarah M. Dorsey Designs Turns 3 + Big Plans for 2015

Today, I'm celebrating Sarah M. Dorsey Designs turning three!! I almost missed it .. whoops! So, today I'm sharing a recap of the past year and what is to come in the rest of 2015 (spoiler, 2015 is going to be amazing!)

Honestly, 2014 was a rough year for us, we moved 4 or 5 times (depending how you look at it), find out why here. I was feeling unsettled, and a lack of tools and styling materials made it difficult to keep up with things. But, we made the best out of it and looking back at the past year, I think we did pretty good!

Here's are few of my favorite projects over the past year!


Robert Abbey knock off lamp created from mat board, here. I'm obsessed with the technique that we developed!!





Continuing with mat board, this Serena & Lily knock off mirror was definitely a favorite!


I'm crazy about this commercial office credenza to custom credenza with overlays transformation.


My thrifted painted trunk was featured in the March issue of Redbook magazine!


We added legs to this thrifted Mid Century Modern vanity - LOVE how it turned out!


I shared a mini living room reveal of our Maryland home. We finished just in time for The Home Depot Holiday Style Challenge. It still needs a few finishing touches ... p.s. we're currently working on our deck for The Home Depot Patio challenge! Coming soon!!


Finally, our entry makeover in our Maryland house was definitely a favorite (probably, the favorite!) project of the year!!

If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know that we've been in rentals for the past few years. We purchased our first home January 2014, more info on why we have a home that we live in part time here, and before house tour, here.

Having a home where we can make BIG changes and feel comfortable investing money in those changes (verse not being able to change a rental much and not wanting to spend a lot of money that we won't get back ..) has been huge!! We are definitely tired of working on projects in a rental and want to take on BIG projects!! Going back and forth between TN and MD has made working on projects tricky .. after all, how much can you get done in a weekend and drive 16 hours. It got old pretty quick.

But, you know what? I have some amazing news! We are moving back to our Maryland house, full time in just under 2 months. It definitely was touch and go for a while, but as the final paperwork is falling in place, it looks like it's actually going to happen! 2015 is going be a big year, so I hope that you'll follow on as we take on bigger renovation projects!! We're SO excited to transform our dark, orangey "cabin" into a bright, happy space that makes up smile :) But first, I'm working on finishing our TN rental, full tour coming soon!! Stay tuned!

--

p.s. I'm SO honored to be named one of the Top Ten DIY blogs by Better Homes and Gardens - I'm definitely in good company!!

Voting is now going on and if you enjoy reading, I'd love your vote, it's so easy - only two clicks!

You can vote multiple times, so feel free to vote for all your favorites!

Vote HERE, thanks friends!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.