Home » » Grasscloth Mat + Succulent Prints + Walls Republic

Grasscloth Mat + Succulent Prints + Walls Republic

Today, I'm sharing a super simple DIY project that anyone can do! I recently completed a project with grasscloth wallpaper (coming soon!) and I had some left over. So, I decided to use it as a background in a frame.

With vintage frames, often the sizing is off for traditional photo sizes, so using wallpaper is a great solution to fill the white space and add a little texture!





A month or so ago I found a pair of vintage frames at a thrift shop. It's very rare to find a pair of semi large frames, so I scooped them up! Just in time too, a women was making her way around, grabbing ALL the frames. She was eyeing mine at check out.. I think mine were $6 each, so a pretty good price!  I just spray painted the mat white and the frame gold. I broke one of the pieces of glass when removing it, so I photographed them without glass, but I'll get another cut to fit.


The grasscloth wallpaper is from Walls Republic, you can find it here. It's nice and thick, has a slightly yellow, creamy tone with darker natural bands. I love the variety of stripes!

Make sure to order samples (up to five free!) prior to ordering, since they can look different on your computer than in person.


I found this spider cactus (I'm not sure what the actual name is) at Home Depot!


For the prints, I purchased a few succulents and photographed them over the summer. Since then, they've all died :( But, at least I have these photos!! Prints available in my Etsy shop, here.

p.s. This is a little peek of our dresser that I finished a few months ago .. I still haven't found a solution for the two handles that are missing, so I put it on the back burner for a little!

Thanks so much to Walls Republic for providing the wallpaper. As always, all opinions are 100% my own!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.