Home » » BHG Stylemaker Challenge and Event

BHG Stylemaker Challenge and Event

If you follow me on Instagram, than you probably know that last week I was in NYC for a fast paced, super fun event with BHG - the Stylemaker Challenge and Stylemaker Event.

Part 1.

Tuesday I arrived just before the Stylemaker Challenge started .. picture me running through the streets in the rain with all my bags (traffic was super bad, so I ran the final 5 blocks).

But I made it! I met the talented and sweet Stacy and Jen, who were also participating in the challenge, the video production team and host Eddie Ross. Everyone was super nice!!

The challenge included designing a 4' wide gallery space - in 5 hours, with limited tools (no nails or screws!?) and a video team documenting it. No pressure! ;) 


Here's my work station. 



Part of the challenge was shopping for our supplies at Michaels, with a camera following us around (pretty sure I looked stressed since I couldn't find many things! Hopefully the camera, or should I say editing is kind :)

I can't show you the finished space, but video and still shots will be up on BHG.com next week for voting!! eek!! Stay tuned!

Part 2.

Thursday, I attended the Stylemaker event. It was SO great to meet so many people in person that I've met online! 


We learned tips from the pros .. it was so surreal to see editors flipping through the magazine and talk about the styling, editing, etc. that goes into each spread. 


I got to see Eddie Ross work his styling magic in person! Amazing!!

Nate Berkus hosted the Stylemaker panel. Again, amazing!! 


Can you find me? 


 L to R Lindsay, me, Carrie, Jen, Kristin


Stacy, Amy, KellyIt was SO great to meet these ladies (and so many more not in the photo!) in person!!


























It was a whirlwind trip, my head is still spinning!! But SUPER fun!! I'd do it all again in a heart beat! 

p.s. I also realized after talking to a few people that everyone is confused about where we're living .. so I'll be doing a post explaining what's been going on over the past year (this week marks one year since we left CA, so perfect timing!) 

Photo credits: vertical pics from my iphone, horizontal pics Avi Gerver 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.