Home » » Q+A | Shavonda A Home Full of Color

Q+A | Shavonda A Home Full of Color

Today I'm super excited to have the fun and talented Shavonda from A Home Full of Color on the blog! Shavonda has a beautiful home with plenty of personality, color, and a great eclectic mix!

I adore her recent hallway transformation! Painting the ceiling coral really makes the space!! Her kitchen redo is also fabulous, make sure to pop over and take a look! or maybe her aqua bookshelves - I can't decide, They are all SO good! :)

Take it away Shavonda!



Hi Everyone! I'm Shavonda and I blog over at A Home Full Of Color. Thank you all so much for letting me hang out with you for a bit today and thank you Sarah for having me.  I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys how awesome Sarah is.  I just love her work.  She's definitely one of my blog idols and its an honor to be here.  For those of you who aren't familiar with me I have an affinity for colorful, eclectic interiors, glossy furniture, old houses, giraffes, and the Dallas Cowboys!  I also a little obsessed with rearranging furniture. Here are a few other tidbits about me....



Egg Nog!  I know a lot of folks associate it with Christmas, but the minute my grocery store gets it in stock I'm all over it.  










I like using candles, fresh flowers or a plant, and art to freshen up a room. Art is such an easy and commitment free way to decorate a room. Candles add warmth and flowers and plants give a room life. More info here.
















Without a doubt my biggest fail has been our first attempt at adding a chalkboard wall to our kitchen. I learned that MDF boards + liquid nails + indecision = holes in walls.  I also learned how much rebuilding a wall sucks.  Drywall is definitely something I will pretty much always leave to the professionals. 



And though I HATE painting cabinets, I love what a couple coats of paint did for your hallway and kitchen. More info here.













 Im totally in love with kilim.



and suzani.












I absolutely love Emily Henderson.  I adore her use of old and new in spaces.  She's really great with mixing color and pattern.  I also love how you can pretty much always find something a bit unexpected in her spaces.

--

Don't you just love that coral ceiling!? So perfect in Shavonda's space! I really want to try that sometime!! (hopefully we'll have a house soon so that I can paint till my heart's content!) And the black and white stripe with gold campaign hardware really makes the space - love love love it! 

I too love eggnog!! YUM!!  

Thanks so much for sharing today Shavonda!! 

If you're new to Shavonda's blog, make sure to check out her home tour and projects page!! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.