Home » » Q + A | Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home

Q + A | Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home

While we're making our way across the country, some of my favorite bloggers are filling in for me - answering a little q + a. Let me tell you - you're in for a real treat! All of the ladies participating are SO talented!! Prepare to get hooked to a few more blogs!

First up is Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home. When I first found Jennifer's blog I was instantly hooked! She has crazy good building and upholstery skills with professional results!! AND she can cook! What can't she do!? Her feature in September's BHG magazine for transforming a torn leather sofa into a lush ivory velvet was SO well deserved! It looks like it's always been that way - as any great DIY should!

Read on to learn a little more about Jennifer.


Hello there to Sarah's readers!  I'm so happy to be taking part in Sarah's interview series while she and David are making their way across the country and on a little hiatus from banging out spectacular projects.  What will we all do without the amazing eye candy and inspiration while they're moving??  I'm scared.

I love a classic sidecar.  For something less boozy, you can't beat mulled hot cider this time of year!  I also love firing up my oven and stovetop after a summer of grilling and cooking roast chicken, gratins, roasted vegetables, and soups.



Fresh flowers - they give a room instant life and style.  Coating something with a little gold rub-n-buff or gold spray paint never hurts either :)


Upholstered folding screens I made for my aunt.  I still haven't blogged about the finished product, though they did come out really well in the end.  But the road there was long and filled with fails!



I'm such a project junkie, it's hard to choose favorites.  In general, my favorite types of projects are making furniture and reupholstering classic pieces.  My favorite pieces I've made have to be a pair of X benches.

 

My favorite rehabbed piece is my sofa, which I stripped down to the frame and reupholstered in dreamy ivory velvet.


This sofa project also led me to a feature in the October 2013 Better Homes & Gardens magazine, which, other than getting married and the birth of my two daughters, was pretty much the highlight of my adult life.


It's not new, but I can't imagine ever not loving Dwell Vintage Plumes in Jade.  I think it's the perfect marriage of traditional and contemporary.



I'll never be as avant-garde as Emily Henderson, but I think everything the girl touches is just pure, unexpected, luxe, wacky brilliance.

--

Thanks so much Jennifer!! I definitely agree that fresh flowers can make all of the difference in a room (one of my favorites too!)  and you can never go wrong with adding little gold! :)

If you're new to Jennifer's blog, make sure to check out her project's pagehealthy recipe page, and home tour page!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.