Home » » Weekend in Photos | San Francisco

Weekend in Photos | San Francisco

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw that we were in San Francisco this weekend! Family moved there a few months ago and just closed on a house, so wanted to make sure to visit before we left the west coast!

We definitely wanted to visit Alcatraz, so we booked those tickets a few week's in advance (a must for summer time) I was there when I was little, so it was neat to see what I remembered. Turns out I just remembered not wanting to go behind the bars since I was afraid I would get locked in. Not much has changed :)

Next, we had lunch on pier 39 at Boudin. It was good, nothing life changing, I'd call it SF's version of Panera. Then went to Ghirardelli. Having coffee with ice cream makes me think of my Grandma who likes a little ice cream in her coffee when she doesn't have cream :)

After we were full on bread and ice cream, we crossed the Golden Gate bridge on the way to Muir Woods.





















We got there in the late afternoon, so parking wasn't bad. I've heard that it can get busy, so they also offer a shuttle. One of the redwood parks is definitely a MUST see on the west coast. 





















The next day we visited a a few parks along the coast. The photos above are from the Sutro Bath ruins, a massive indoor swimming pool complex built in the late 1800s.

We tried bubble tea (tea with milk and tapioca balls), at first it was good, then it was ok, and then it was, I don't think I like this ... This photo was taken just before we discarded it. I'm weird with texture and sipping little jello like balls while drinking tea ended up not being for me. We then made our way to the painted ladies, aka house from Full House intro.

We did a lot of touristy things since this was our first time staying in SF, so if you've been you probably know about all of these things :)

Other places that we went with no pics, lombard st (the curvy one), Coit tower (best view of the city), Tony's pizza (yum!), Sausalito and Marin (cute cities with cute shops) 

Have you been to SF? What did I miss?? :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.