Home » » What's in my Cabinets

What's in my Cabinets

Recently I got a Silhouette Cameo and I've finally put it to use! A year or so ago I purchased a container for the flour and as odd as this sounds, I couldn't be happier with it. I know what you are thinking ... is she really that excited about a flour container? Well this one is perfect, it has a wide opening so I can measure and level the extra off without flour going everywhere. The top snaps on an off like a breeze and it also seals really well (it's Food Network brand found at Kohls).

Anyways, I decided to invest in a few more containers that will hopefully make me equally happy, while organizing my mini pantry.


I love things organized, but I tend to get overwhelmed when I try to do it all at once,  so I've decided to tackle it little by little (like cabinet by cabinet little)

For now we just have a few cabinets devoted to our pantry (hopefully a full size one will be in the future next time we move!)

So I took everything out and decided where it should go and how it should be stored (moved somethings to another cabinet, and moved somethings in)


I moved these baskets from Ikea on top of the microwave, don't they fit perfectly there? They hold coffee/tea items and canned goods that I use on a regular basis for easy access. The jar to the right holds Annabelle's treats, David gets up way to early for work and she always goes to the kitchen (half sleepy eyed, I hear) to get her treat while he eats breakfast. So having that within reach was important too!

I moved my flour container from another cabinet and put the vinegars and other like items on a lazy susan, which makes them so much easier to access!



I covered a few jars in tissue paper from a Kate Spade purchase and mod podge. 

I found containers like my flour one at TJ Maxx, these were sold in a set of 6 that perfectly stack and are proportioned so that they are the same height. (They ended up being about $4 each)

I used the Silhouette Cameo to cut out these cut out a few labels ... 


For the top shelf, I put lighter items (so it would be easier to get down) that I don't use very often ...


I covered a peacock blue bin found at Target for $2.50 with fun polka dot paper from World Market 
to put medicine and vitamins in. Individually packaged mixes are next door in a plastic bin, but I would like to find something a little bigger to fill the space. 


Such a big improvement! I'm looking forward to tackling the other cabinets! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.