Home » » How to Mix and Match Pillows | My Favorite Combos

How to Mix and Match Pillows | My Favorite Combos

Today I'm sharing something that I get asked frequently - how to mix and match pillows!

The key is to not be too matchy matchy, but keep it cohesive by following a basic formula.

1 floral or organic + 1 solid + 1 stripe + 1 small scale 

Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, but the most important thing is to vary scale and pattern. You can see that 3. and 4. veer slightly from the rule. Don't know where to get started? Pick out one statement pillow (such as the Kate Spade Floral or Orangerie from below) pick colors from the pillow then vary scale and pattern for the other pillows. 

Here's a few pillow combinations that I came up with. 


1. banana leaf // navy deco pillow // channels // betwixt 

2. kate spade saturday floral // small dot // blue pom pom // black painted stripe 

3. blue fringe // marble // blue scallop // navy stripe // persimmon solid

4. orangerie // berry deco pillow // kelly wearstler katana // x pillow

I've been noticing lots of fresh florals and abstract painterly patterns popping up recently - love it!! So, do you have any favorite pillows or pillow combinations? I'd love to hear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.