Home » , , » Easy DIY Buffalo Check Christmas Stockings | Tutorial

Easy DIY Buffalo Check Christmas Stockings | Tutorial

Today, I'm sharing a DIY tutorial for the large buffalo check stocking that I made for The Home Depot Holiday Style Challenge.


To get inspired, I flipped through my Holiday Pinterest board and was inspired by The Makerista's amazing mantel. I had purchased this fabric from Ikea for the space, but wasn't sure how I was going to use it .. so this was the perfect spot!

Want to make your own? It's super easy and only costs a few dollars each!

- 1 yard of fabric (I only made two, but you could probably get 3 to 4 out of a yard)
- Sewing machine (you could also use permanent fabric adhesive, just make sure to keep the line super straight for crisp edges)
- Pom Pom fringe

1. Trace an existing stocking onto your fabric


2. Cut it out.


3. Trace your stocking (two sides per stocking) I traced this one instead of the original so they would be as exact as possible. 


4. Finish the top edge. Iron it 1/2" and fold that over on itself so the edge is finished secure by sewing or permanent adhesive.  (Also iron the entire stocking at this point if it needs it)


5. Sew around the outside of the stocking (right side in), leaving the top open. *Note: The direction of the finished top doesn't matter if your adding trim, but if you don't, make sure the folded edge is on the outside when sewing.


6. Turn the stocking right side out and add trim with permanent fabric adhesive. To finish it, I glued a small tab on the top right of the stocking to hang it up.


That's it!


SO easy!! I hope you'll give it a try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.