Home » » the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY

the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY

The coffee table/island has been put on hold .. where to start, I want to end on a happy note, so I'll start with the ugly. 

the UGLY

Friday night we received a call from management where we were staying. To say that it didn't go very well would be an extreme understatement. I won't go into the specifics, but it was very unprofessional and led to us deciding that we couldn't stay there. Also, the fact that they weren't able to fix the extremely slow internet (not good for bloggers .. and anyone in the 21st century) and the water was strange, after you got out of the shower you felt like you got out of the pool, it tasted horrible (I think it was river water that was chlorinated, yuck!!). I won't be providing a name or link, but if you're on Lake Erie, OH send me an email and I'll tell you where NOT to go.

Lesson learned - do not rush to get into a place because you want to get out of a hotel ... we had to stay at a not so nice hotel (when we got here in October) since the only decent hotel in town wouldn't accept dogs, and since we needed an extended stay to look for housing .. that wouldn't work. 

the BAD

Saturday we were scrambling to find a place .. we did find one (yay!!) but then we had to coordinate moving all of our stuff out. We rented a Uhaul on Sunday (had to drive 40 minutes one way since that was the only one open, yuck). Loaded it ourselves, it was a long walk to and from the unit to the truck. I'm still sore. We got on the road around 6pm and headed towards Maryland. Why Maryland??? I gave up on finding an unfurnished place, because practically everything is personal vacation homes. However, the people where we are renting are allowing us to move a few things into their other rental next door, so we'll have our own sofa, mattress and desk .. SO we left over half of our things with our parents in Maryland. In 24 hours we spent 12 hours driving and 12 hours sleeping/unloading sorting organizing boxes. 

the GOOD

Last night when we arrived back in Ohio, we met the owners at the little house we'll be staying in. They are super nice, and they completely built or remodeled (can't remember, but he is a contractor) the little house we'll be staying in. Since this is their home during the summer, they wanted to make sure that we were "ok" and go over a few of the specifics. I hope to share my good news that I mentioned on Friday soon .. I want things to firm up more before sharing too much. Even though it's very good news, it has made things a little more difficult. 

I'm definitely not sharing all of this because I want your pity, but you might be wondering what's going on with my photos since it won't look the same as they have in the last week or so. 

The last few months have been extremely draining and stressful - It helped to take a few deep breaths and remember that the one of the most important things - the thing that really mattered was healthy and next to me - David and Annabelle too :) We are extremely blessed. 

I know that everyday I learn something new - recently I've had a lot of days with much bigger lessons. But in the end I'm stronger. 

Wondering what this will mean for my blog? I'll still be sharing projects, but we won't be building as many things from scratch as before since we don't have a garage and it is going to be COLD (got a taste of the sideways blowing snow last night). We love designing and building things, so we'll be back to that very soon. Stay tuned! :) 

I should have normal internet and be back up to speed in the next day or so (when I can get it installed at our new place) Thanks so much for your continuous support!! You all are the best! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.