Home » » Drapery Panels for Closet Doors

Drapery Panels for Closet Doors

Mission accomplished! This weekend I set out to improve my closet situation ... I considered hiding the mirror with vinyl (thanks for the comments!), but ultimately decided that I hated moving the doors back and forth, they were heavy and I like being able to access the whole closet at one time, so I decided to remove them ...


and put the ruffled draperies in their place! Yes it is a little confusing to have them in the before photo (I wonder if that is where I got the idea from?)


This was super easy, here is how I did it:


I measured the length needed, luckily it turned out that I just needed to be one ruffle short. So I could hang these as 90" panels again, I simply folded one ruffle under and pinned on the back (about 8 safety pins per panel) This worked well on my draperies because the ruffles hide the pins, since I only pinned through the back panel of the drapery.


I purchased a drapery tension rod from Wal-Mart for $6.97 that would work for the 58" opening (if it was 48" or less it would of been only $2.97)

I adjusted it to the correct length and installed inside the upper track for the previous doors.


Then I cut a 3M picture hanging stripe in half, and installed it on the back of two hooks purchased from Joanns last fall on clearance (Urban Outfitters has identical ones here


Since these aren't actual tiebacks they don't hold the entire drapery, just kinda pinch it open


I think I actually prefer that look ...


And that's it, a super easy/cheap update that took about a 1/2 hr total and only $6.97!

I have plans for new draperies for the windows ... involving Ikea. I was going to make the 3 hr. trip this weekend, but yet again they are out of stock of an item that I want, and making the trip for some and not all the items didn't make sense. So new draperies will be put on hold for at least one more week. I wish Ikea shipped more things!

I hope that you had a great weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.