Home » » Blog Hop | Behind the Scenes at Sarah M. Dorsey Designs

Blog Hop | Behind the Scenes at Sarah M. Dorsey Designs

Last week, I was tagged by the fabulous Jennifer of The Chronicles of Home for the blog hop that you might have seen going around. Jennifer is super sweet, an eloquent writer, an amazing chef, and a fearless DIYer (she reupholstered a sofa!! My main inspiration for tackling one!) Check out her amazing blog here

The blog hop allows you to get an inside look at what goes on behind the blog! Here are my responses!

Why do you write?

Honestly, I don't really like writing .. let me rephrase that .. I USED to not like writing. Maybe my aversion came from my 11th grade English teacher chewing up a piece of chalk and then licking my coat sleeve during class (yes, that DID happen. and I'm not sure why ..) or my 12th grade English teacher giving me a B- for every.single.paper. no matter how hard I tried (by the way, my friend, who was considered one of the top writers in our class said I should have done better AND I got straight As in English in college .. just saying ..) 


Now, I really love writing. I think the change came because I'm writing about things that I LOVE and I'm not trying to meet certain standards or guidelines, I can just be me. 

I started writing when we moved to CA, all of our family and friends were on the East coast and it was a way to stay connected. Then, I realized with our crazy moving schedule (due to David's job), it was a job that I could pick up and take with me anywhere. I also love the friendships and community that I've found online. This past year has been rough moving, (I'm embarrassed to say, but 4 times, not including our MD house) having a supportive community that goes with me everywhere has been a lifesaver! Thank you for your comments and support, it means so so much! 

What are you working on?




LOTS! We're currently working on getting our Maryland living room ready, so we have loads of DIY projects going on (i.e. chandelier, sofa upholstery, chair upholstery, coffee table, mantel, draperies .. I'm hoping we get it all done!). Stay tuned for some fun posts! Follow along on Instagram for sneak peeks! 

How does your blog differ from other in the genre?

This is tricky since there are so many DIY/interior design blogs out there. I'd say the main difference is that I have two homes, one that we own in Maryland and a rental in Tennessee. Due to David's job we are in TN for the most part, but make it to MD as often as possible. So right now, I'm sharing our renovation journey of updating our home and rental friendly projects. 

Our entry in our Maryland home, here


Our TN living room rental here


What is your writing process?

Hmm .. my writing process is pretty freeform. I don't have a firm editorial schedule, just a list of what projects I'd like to (or need to) work on next and share when it's relevant. Right now, I try to share 3-5 times a week. I typically write in the mornings .. I always include photos as I go (guess that's my visual side). I edit a little along the way, but primarily at the end. 

I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me (or were at least entertained by a few of my responses!) 

For next week (September 8th), I'm tagging the fabulous Carrie from Dream Green DIY and Elizabeth from Little Black Door!! 

A few months ago, I was introduced to Carrie and it was love at first sight! I love how she effortlessly she mixes vintage and modern pieces! Check out her amazing home tour here

I've know Elizabeth for a while, she is a fellow lover of color and pattern so naturally we get along!! She is always posting the most amazing vintage finds on Instagram. Check out her awesome blog here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.