Home » » Blogger Stylin' Home Tours Christmas 2013

Blogger Stylin' Home Tours Christmas 2013

I'm so excited to be participating in Lindsay of The White Buffalo Styling Co. Christmas home tour! There are so many amazing bloggers participating - I'm so honored to be included!

This weekend we started decorating for Christmas (I know we're late :) We've been traveling a lot so we finally got a full weekend to work on projects. Yay!

For our Christmas tree this year, I decided to focus on texture, contrast and shine. As always, it's mostly DIY!


I made a feather garland by gluing loose feathers to yarn. I love the softness that it adds!


I finally made my first gold urchin (took me long enough :) using styrofoam balls, toothpicks, and gold spray paint.


I printed a few letters and then cut them out of chip board and spray painted.


I glued black and white paper clips on the back to attach them to the tree. Finally, a few pennant banners made from gold glitter ribbon and contact paper that I drew a diagonal stripe on.


I collected a few pine cones and branches from the yard. I miss California's weather, but it's nice to actually feel like Christmas here!


I found this brass pillar candle holder from Goodwill for $1.30 (LOVE thrifting here!!)


I simply placed one of the urchins on top of the tree as a topper - it just stays in place :) Thanks Bethany for the inspiration!! The tree skirt is a striped tablecloth that I folded up. It definitely feels more Christmasy here .. now we just need snow!   


Make sure to follow along with the entire Christmas home tour - all of the bloggers participating are amazing - you won't want to miss any!! 


Monday:

Roeshel - DIY Showoff 
Jess and Monica - East Coast Creative
Laura - Finding Home 
Sarah - Sarah M. Dorsey 
Angela - Number Fifty-Three 
Gwen - The Makerista 
Brittany - Brittany Makes 

Tuesday:


Wednesday:

Jamie - C.R.A.F.T. 
Lucy - Craftberry Bush 
Michelle - Decor and the Dog 
Whitney - The Curtis Casa 
Kristin - Bliss at Home 
Summer - Simple Stylings 
 Kelly - View Along the Way 


Thursday:

Jenna - SAS Interiors
Chris - Just a Girl 
Michelle - Iron and Twine 
Amanda - Our Humble Abode 
Julia - Cuckoo 4 Design 
Lindsay - Makely Home
Jennifer - Dimples and Tangles 

Friday:

Traci - Beneath My Heart 
Kristin - Hunted Interior 
Eileen - A Creative Day 
Gabbi - Retro Ranch Reno 
Kristen - KFD Designs 
Jessica - Dear Emmeline  
Sarah - Royal Marigold 
Carmel - Our Fifth House 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.