Home » » Deep Tufted Headboard In Process

Deep Tufted Headboard In Process

If you follow me on Instagram, you most likely saw that we're building a headboard! Before you start thinking I'm crazy since we're moving in one week, it's not for us :) Our good friends from David's work, (who are also moving in a week) recently got married and are starting to phase out his college futon and "guy" furniture and get some furniture together. We quickly volunteered to make a headboard (you know I can't resist trying a new idea!)

I've been wanted to try deep tufting since we made our last headboard, but since we we're under a time constraint ... we had to opt out. SO this was the perfect opportunity!

Here's our progress through Instagram.



I'll write in a little more detail about our process, but if you are deep tufting this week, my advice would be not to pull too tight between tufts and to leave plenty of extra fabric on the side. Normally you want to pull as tight as possible, but here you want to use the extra fabric in the tuft. Also the folds take extra fabric from the sides, so leave lots to work with!


I'll save the final look for the tutorial, but we did add nailhead if you think the edge looks a little weird :)

We also had an unplanned DIY for the weekend - replacing the screen door. I was pushing in the button (which is very hard through 3" of foam by the way :) David was stapling from the back, for some reason I moved on staple number two and forgot that there were two more to go ... and the headboard went crashing through the screen door. I'll blame it on exhaustion!


Luckily replacing a screen isn't hard or expensive! Thank goodness it wasn't glass! After picking up the supplies at Home Depot, we were done in about 30 minutes.

Hoping that you had a great weekend! I'm working hard to get moving stuff taken care of this week so we can get plenty of beach time in before the movers come on Monday!! 

P.S. I still have some Large Fretwork Stencils and Coral "In Order to Be Irreplaceable Prints" left. Click here and here for more info or order through Etsy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.