Home » , » Statement piece for the office (almost done!)

Statement piece for the office (almost done!)

Last week I was so happy when I found the exact (well almost) size board that I was looking for the gallery wall in the office. I started with this pin board and then this painting, but the scale was bugging me - I needed something big!

So I found a large piece of MDF and trim at Habitat Restore for $15 total. Which was an amazing price, trim is sooo expensive!

We cut the board down a little so it was straight and cut the trim on 45s to make a frame, primed and painted.

Then we designed a stencil, cut it out and got to work! If you follow me on Instagram @sarahmdorseydesigns you may have seen this photo. 


Stenciling can be an affordable way to add pattern to a surface without fabric. Since this stencil was a little more detailed, I had to go a little slower ... it took about 2 hours.

Then last night, we cut a greek key stencil out for the corners and once dry, taped the straight parts in between the corners with painter's tape to connect the lines.


 We attached the trim with screws from the back, and here is what it looks like this morning.


I love the idea of using bulldog clips instead of pins (which wouldn't work with my board anyways) via The Hunted Interior.  A great way to keep holes out of pictures and organize categories!

At office stores the cheapest I found was 2 for $3.49. Really, over a dollar for a clip?? I found 4 for $1.88 at Wal-Mart, so I think I'll go back for those.

Statement pieces can be so expensive, so I was thrilled when I only had to spend $15!! (will be about $20 with clips)

Finished pics soon! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.